Agape Love is the love of Hebrew language, we talk about to love brothers and love all others; Agape Love is a kind of God’s Love.The love of human being has limited, often you and I have good relationship or we have same ideas, that kind of love is very limit, it is a conditional love.For example, when we hear someone is speaking our home language, you will show more close feeling and you like to talk to them, that kind of close relationship is the human being relationship love only.
Agape Love is showing a compassionate love to all kinds of people at any time; for examples:
1.God Provides all to us:He provides sun and rain to all people good or bad; to all righteousness and un-righteousness people.We can see His love is unconditional love from this point; his love is incomparable love; His love has no limit.The LORD is compassionate and gracious; slow to anger,abounding in love.He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us accordingto our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is hislove for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed ourtransgressions from us.As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD hascompassion on those who fear him;(Ps. 103:8-13)
The Love of Jesus:For God loves the world, even he gave us the only beloved Son to die for us; God provided the Love of Jesus for us, whoever accepts the Son of God, the sins also nailed with Him; Jesus paid for our penalty; because we all were sinner; we all made mistake before, maybe just a little or big mistake, because no one is perfect but God.This is the Love of God; He came to the world for giving the Eternal life to whoever accepted him and believing him.
3. While wewere still sinners, Christ died for us.”(Roman 5:8).Jesus came into the world to save sinners — of whomI am the worst.But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, theworst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimitedpatience as an example for those who would believe on himand receive eternal lie(1Ti. 1:16-17).Apostle Paul meant he was a sinner to persecuted all Christians, but he got forgiven because of the Love of God.Paul realized that God’s love is so deep which not only forgiven him, also choice him.He has found the grace from God’s love.Therefore, if we only love God and love brothers are not enough, we have to love God’s people.
4. Peter showed the Agape Love of pure later in his life, that love was from God, it is depending on His Word, we accept all His training; He is training our hearts from narrow to wide and deep loving heart. The following FIVE good testimony of Love from some good Christians:
1.Minister Duson who came from England in 1907, he wore the fashion Chinese long rope with Chinese long hair style.By the harbor, Duson met a Chinese man who hit him heavily, that man lost his chance to rent a boat because of Duson got first.Minister Duson then offered him to get inside of the boat. Duson thought he came from England for preaching the gospel, not to have a fight. So he started the conversation about Jesus’ love.Finally, that Chinese accepted Jesus Christ and Duson led him to prayer, the Chinese became Duson’s good friend, and this is a good example of a compassionated love to all...
2. Care of others;A man used to stay at the corner of the intersection of South Nan-gin Road and Sungian Road, he ran and knocked each car’s window and yelled, “Did you fasten your seat bill? His son was killed at that corner because he did not fasten belt.Taipei local news paper reported about this man who had a compassionate heart to love all people. Even he had suffered for the loss of his son, now he is afraid others may suffer, too.This is a Compassionate Love.
What is Love?Love is when we see the need of others and think about our responsibilities.Jesus commanded that we have to love one another and to go to the world to tell the gospel; love our neighbors as ourselves, this is love.
3. Faith, Hope, and Love Taxis Fellowship Company:This fellowship started up from a group of taxi drivers.They set some rules together:
1. They must wear uniform when they service for people.
2. Their car must be clean in and out.
3. They are not allow to smoke.
4. Some gospel musical CD or tape must be played for their customers.
5. The spiritual books or daily bread must be placed on the shelf or the back seat.6. They have to go outside the car and wait for customers, then open or close the door for them.People feel those taxi drivers are different with others.So, everybody likes to call the “Faith, Hope, and Love Taxis Fellowship Company.”
4. Doctor Fellowship: All doctors use their lunch time to visit their patience and spread the gospel of Love, this is a compassionated love.
We offered “LOVE”, but basically we have to have the following attitude:
1.Yield to others, Do not judge.
2. Be patience! Be self control!
3. Taking care of others! Doing good to all!
4. Be Humble not having proud attitude!
5. Be mercyful and less complaining.
6. Saying sweet words like honey! Praise more to the others!
7. Strive more to do thing!
8. Pray always! Guard your heart!
James 1:22,“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive you.Do what it says.”We are not only to listen to the Word of God; also, we have to put them into our daily practice.And we will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdomof our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2Pe. )
Of the seven qualities in vv. 1: 5-7 of 2Peter, which two do you possess in the greatest measure?How can you grow in one of the other qualities?
Why is this moral progress and productive knowledge (v.8) so desirable for believers (vv. 4, 10, 11)?