Worldwide Outreach Teaching School
Meiman Lai Saidi
Sunday Schools, March 16, 2008
Title: The Power of ‘Born Again with a Faithful Heart to Worship in Spirit’
Scripture: John 3 and 4
Song: Reborn Can See the Kingdom (P.16 of the Music Bk. 3 of Worldwide Outreach Teaching).
Outline: 1. Be Born Again (Jn.3:7-8)
2. Worship in Spirit (Jn.4:19-26)
3. Faith and Words of the Healing Power (Jn.4:46-54)
1. Born Again (Jn.3:7-8): In Greek also it may mean “born from above”, because the gift of Jesus’ redeeming work is dependent on human reception of it; it means to all who received him, to those who believed in his name (Jn.1:12-13); so He said, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit (Jn.3:7-8).”
2. Worship ‘One’ in Spirit (Jn.4:19-26): The Supreme Being, Ruler is the Spirit; we must worship in spirit and in truth. In John’s Gospel truth is associated with Christ, He revealed his glory by the miracles he performed and by his death and resurrection; this is the truth that he came from the Supreme Being, Ruler. We have seen His glory, of the One and ‘Only’ who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (Jn.1:14). He is the Way, the truth and the life; no one goes to the Father except through Him (Jn.14:6). Therefore, we must worship ‘One’ in Spirit.
3. Faith and Words of the Healing Power (Jn.4:46-54): After Jesus had turned the water into wine, then a royal official begged him to go his house and heal his son before he dies, Jesus replied these words, “You may go. Your son will live.” The man took Jesus at his word and departed (Jn.4:50). While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living; the exact time was when Jesus had said to him, “Your son will live.” This man’s faithful heart and the Word of Jesus brought the healing power. Also, the Effective Prayer from James 5:16, The prayer of a righteousman is powerful and effective, therefore we must confess our sins to each other and pray for each other so that we may be healed (the author’s translations).
1. When Jesus declared that ‘the time is coming…when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth…’ what was her response? What did Jesus declare? (Jn.4:25-26)
2. What do you imagine was the look on her face when Jesus said, ‘I who speak to you am he’ (Jn.4:26)?
3. When were you born again? What miracles has God performed in your life?