President: Dr. Meiman Lai - Saidi
I. God Has Plan for Me:
1) I have vision from my work:
For the past twenty-four years, as a public school teacher, I used the scriptures of instruction to help the behavior of school students. Then, I published a book, title "EDUCATIONAL ETHICS" to shape their lives and teach them in the class. This book contents wisdom, fair, peace, righteousness, words, patience, confidence, love, friendship, pureness, plan, joy kindness, lying, anger, difficulty, and death ...etc.
My students want to buy this book, but I told them just copy two scriptures and memorize the spirit of each day to get a prize on Friday. I taught this book, did not have any parents or administrator complain until I read Psalms 119:46, it saying, "I will speak of your statutes before king and will not be put to shame,"1 I saw that new principal wore a cross necklace, so I took one of my 'Educational Ethics" into her office, and discussed about students' behavior have changed because the words they have meditated each day from this book, she did not stop me. Finally, I gave her one book before I retired from Los Angeles School District; she is still working over there as a principal up to today, we had no any problem.
2) Vision from TV News:
January News on TV, President Gorge W, Bush had declared that according to the religions or gospel teaching depend on each school's administration to decide, because each school has different situations. I know that God has a plan for me. Then I brought it to our prayer.
3) Seeking God's Will from the Scriptures:
There were many scriptures mentioning that God has a plan for us. For example: Jeremiah 29:11, it saying, "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Last year, I participated the "World Wide Watch" conference in Jerusalem; there was a lady pastor from Japan, who had 17 years missionary experiences who was calling for help. She asked nations to go to Japan for mission help. She confessed the sins of Japanese during the World War II and asked for forgiveness.
Also, a Singaporean pastor who talked about how the Japanese army set fire in Singapore for 72 days and as a result, his father was killed. He has now forgiven the Japanese. He said, 'Today God set the other kind of fire from heaven. The blood of Jesus covers the sin of Japan. Therefore, we can forgive others who did wrongs to us, too. He called all nations' representatives for a silent prayer for the Japanese; at that moment, the Word of God came to my mind. "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8). I felt that if God send me to Japan or anywhere, I would be willing to go. When I came back to United State from Taiwan, a friend asked me to send our church's Sundays' sermons through e-mail to her in L.A. and her father in Japan. Praise God that she is working so hard for her parents' salvation...
4) Three months later, my husband and I with my mother went to Taiwan for a mission trip. We invited mom's friends, relatives, and my father sides, grandmother side's relatives to the City of Changhwa. They joined to our group of fellowship. I realized that as the Bible mentioned, "we were keeping on loving each other, we remember those in the prison of hearts as if we, ourselves were suffering." Because several relatives were suffering the relationship depart from each other, some were not talking to each others anymore, I told them that God's purpose is written in 2nd Corinthians 5:18 saying, "18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." We also told them God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I for sake you." (Hebrews 13:1, 3, 5).
When I was in Taiwan, my heart was suffering for their suffers until I came back from Taiwan, I started to write music for them, then I got healed. I played and sang with my organ, and then I taped the music and sent to them to show our compassions. I've found out after that, I was writing music and making tapes by myself. One day, I called to my publisher to make some changes to the book and make more copies after I consulted with President Felix Liu; he gave me some good advices. My publisher said, "Why don't you make your own copy of music? Don't you want to make CDs?" Then, I put this idea into my Prayer List. Later on, I decided to make CDs to go with the music and songs. And those songs are matching with my book, "Educational Ethics" from the Bible. Now, ethics book, music book and CD become a thematic series for reaching out to schools.
II. My Prayer
1. Now, My prayer is searching God's Will, not my will -
Since my trips back from Jerusalem and Taiwan, my prayer changed to search out the Scriptures about the purposes of God for Israel, Taiwan, Japan, and Mid-East and now praying for the peace of whole world. In Matthew 25:31-46 we have a picture of Christ as King at the end of this age on the throne of His glory, with all nations arraigned before Him for judgment. My prayer was, "Am I ready?"
The Holy Spirit showed me a scripture, it saying, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction."(2 Timothy 4:2).
2. I focus on God's Will: the Holy Spirit is leading me -
a) Teaching Language?
Then, I found myself sitting in the public libraries, senior community's center searching people who are interested in learning English or Chinese languages, I have Bible is my text book if I can but not by force.
b) Free class at home?
I also opened a free English and Chinese teaching at home since Wednesday, January 4 , until present time on each Wednesday and Friday, many people are non-Christians but they want to learn language through Bible which is 'OK' for them. Especially, I offered for free instruction, free materials and dinner at 5:00 P.M. on Friday. Praise God gave me strength. And this is what I am doing right now.
c) I Need Team Members and co-workers:
Praise God! I have my own retirement payroll that is enough for my living and expenses for the mission plan. But I found out that I have to pay for the music, CDs, and the expenses of printing books ...and I need a team to sing and make CDs, and team to go with me into schools.
Therefore, I talked to Elder Ting, he taught me to see two people who are in charge of the mission, there are Pastor Donald Liu, the Secretary of the General Assembly of Evangelical Formosan and Pastor Daniel Wu, the director of Mission and Church planning, who told me those books and CDs with music words are good for future mission plan, keep going to write, we need more materials for mission plan, to place them in the book store is a good idea, and he told me to write a proposal. Then he will put it in the Pastor Donald Liu's office to remind him and waiting for the annul meeting in June, 2006.
Pastor Donald Liu was very busy so he told his two assistants, who are Pastor Jeremiah Chen and Elder Ching-Lin Chen. They helped me and gave me advices to see an attorney, Abraham Liao, who helped me to establish a non-profit organization for making the mission plan started right away in January of 2006. Praise God!
3. God sent an angel guided me:
Jasmine was a friend I met during the conference in Jerusalem. She usually leads all employees to join with the morning worship and devotional prayer before each day to start work for her company, who called me twice from Miami about her vision from the Holy Spirit of God through her for me. It shows twice clearly after she finished the morning devotional prayer. When I received her phone call that was just right time we finished our prayer here in LA. I felt weak to take this assignment, vision from God, I was struggling with it. Praise God! "When we are weak, we are strong" 2 Corinthians 13:9. Jasmine called me and guided me, how to get to work. And she gave me this name of non-profit name, "Worldwide Outreach Teaching School". That started in the beginning of 2006. It through the Holy Spirit's leading. I am sure that Holy Spirit sent her to give me this good name. And I just follow this vision, am do outreach teaching.
4. Worldwide Outreach Teaching School is outreaching to Taiwan, China, Japan and Here, Local:
-Praise God, thanks for God's mercy, the Holy Spirit saw me very busy for teaching and learning. Senior Pastor Keith Parmelee from Trinity Church e-mails his sermons each week 8-10 pages for me to be his interpreter, and allow me to print out reach Taiwan, China, Japan and here, local friends, new learning language students. Pastor Keith said, "You may use any of my messages to bring someone closer to Christ. I am honored that they are being used in this way." When I asked him if I can use his sermons to be the Worldwide Outreach Teaching School materials, his response was full of God's Love. Thanks God!
-Pastor Benson Wang, Elder Hsien I Chen and the Senior Pastor, Evan Chen from Evangelical Formosan Church also allowed me to print their sermons for reaching out. Thanks and Praise God.
-Gospel message from Bible and Non-gospel message through the teaching English, Chinese, Music, Ethic and Physical fitness bring them to know Jesus Christ.
1. "We are glad when we are weak..." (2 Corinthians 13:9). Yes, I am stronger than before because I have to accomplish something. Sometimes things need to adjust or need to be changed. In life we constantly need to change our behavior. Please God, let our members of brothers and sisters join with me to learn how to change or adjust. May I have suggestion or some advices? Thanks!
2. This is my prayer - to unbelievers:
My prayer is to ask for the power of Holy Spirit to change the world between the God and people, every one will know Jesus Christ. Through Him they are reconciled with God, is called reconciliation (Isaiah 40:1-5). I would like people to know why Christ died for our sins. If we confess our sins, then our old self will be crucified on the cross and our behavior will be changed. The old bad habits will be gone and new life will start. We become a new person. We will have the power of Holy Spirit within us.
And this is my prayer - to believers:
"Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall," (2 Peter 1:10)
3. Are you wise or foolish? Are you a strong person or weak one?
All of us have strength and gifts.
"God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong (1Co. 1:27)."
We all have strength or gifts. You may use your gifts to respond to His calling. I can use Power Point Program to teach the songs from my book 座右銘. They go with CDs to distribute into public school. The Worldwide Outreach School Program needs perform in order to earn souls to Christ. This program needs team members. 團隊服事, 恩賜互補. How about you? Do you want to join?
Dream big, God DOES miracles. God helps persons who NEVER give up. (Luke 9:62)
You are welcome to join with us!
* Worldwide Outreach Teaching School admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at this school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.